PA Lifts Restrictions Allowing Golf Courses to Open May 1st
Golfers will once again be able to play more than a half-dozen courses throughout the Pocono Mountains after a delayed opening of the season. Governor Tom Wolf has lifted the restrictions on golf courses throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and now clubs are prepared to welcome golfers starting May 1st.
While this signals the beginning of a return to normal for those who enjoy the sport of golf, it does come with numerous important precautions which area golf clubs are implementing for the start of play this season.
Some of these precautions include restricting one person to a cart, prepayment of greens’ fees, and food is only available for takeout. Golfers can find more information by calling ahead or visiting the club’s website before arrival.
As the weather continues to improve, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau wants to remind avid golfers that the 2020 Pocono Mountains Golf-a-Round Card provides a bargain for players and is available online at PoconoMountains.com and at participating golf courses. Play twice at each of the seven courses for just $25 per round with cart. The card is valid Sunday through Friday after 2 p.m. excluding holidays.
“The upcoming season just would not be the same without seeing golfers of all ages enjoying the outdoors while maintaining proper social distance guidelines,” said Chris Barrett, President/CEO of the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau. “This is just one aspect of our region that will help return us to a sense of normalcy over time and help with our individual well-being.”
Visit PoconoMountains.com/golf for additional updates.
• Country Club of the Poconos – Tee times will be required to golf. Call the pro shop at (570) 223-8099.
• The Country Club at Woodloch Springs – Only open to Woodloch residents and members initially.
• Hideaway Hills – Reserve a tee time online or call (610) 681-6000.
• Jack Frost National Golf Club – All tee times must be reserved in advance.
• Mount Airy Golf Club – Reserve a tee time online or call (570) 243-5240.
• Pocono Manor Resort & Spa – Reserve a tee time by calling (570) 839-1389.
• The Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort – Call 1-800-742-9633.
• Split Rock Golf Club – Open 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. If you have quarantined together you can use the same cart. If not, you must use individual carts. Reserve a tee time online or by phone (570) 722- 9901.