2019 Annual Report highlights and awards recipients honored
October 30, 2019 – Fresh off a record year for visitation and spending in the tourism industry, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau (PMVB) touted a successful fiscal year and celebrated honorees at its Annual Report Luncheon at Woodloch Resort.
The program featured the Pocono Mountains Perspective, a look back at the work done on behalf of the tourism and hospitality partners throughout Wayne, Pike, Monroe and Carbon counties during the 2018-19 fiscal year.
The 2019 Annual Report highlighted:
- Tourism’s economic impacts on the region totaling 27.9 million visitors in 2018
- Supporting 35,000 direct and indirect jobs
- $3.3 billion in visitor spending
- $370 million in state and local tax revenue
- Successful Pick Up the Poconos campaign to combat litter in public spaces
- Marketing campaigns that saturated key drive markets including New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and Baltimore
- Sales successes that have landed large industry and association conferences
- Continued growth in traffic to PoconoMountains.com (4.3 million sessions)
- Exponential growth in social media followers including Instagram
- Strong financial stewardship of a budget totaling $11.08 million
The luncheon recognized tourism partners for their efforts, dedication and commitment to supporting the mission of the PMVB and our region as a whole.
- RHD Street 2 Feet
- Pocono Mountains United Way
- Internet Inspirations
- PennDOT District 5-4, Monroe County
- Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Authority
For the 10th year, the PMVB awarded the Gail Sterrett Marketing Award to a deserving employee in the industry who embodies the late PMVB marketing director’s passion, professionalism and dedication. Rory O’Fee, Director of Marketing for Woodloch Resort, is this year’s recipient of the award. Congratulations to all the honorees, industry partners, PMVB employees and our elected leaders for a successful 2018-19 year for tourism in the Pocono Mountains.
To obtain a copy of this year’s Annual Report, please visit PoconoMountains.com/AnnualReport
Pocono Mountains visitor information is available online at PoconoMountains.com or by phone at (570) 421-5791. Follow @PoconoTourismPR on Twitter to stay current with up-to-date information. Established in 1934, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau is a private, non-profit membership organization. The PMVB is the official destination marketing organization for the four counties of Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Carbon in Northeastern Pennsylvania.