With Coronavirus able to survive for an extended period of time on surfaces, disinfection has become a concern for many businesses.
Whether you’re an essential business and are trying to maintain a safe environment for your customers and staff, or you want to make sure your commercial space is properly disinfected and ready to reopen, here are some common questions we’re getting from business owners:
How can I avoid Coronavirus?
Avoiding Coronavirus is all about prevention. Here are some important tips for avoiding this (and similar) viruses and colds:
- Avoid large gatherings of people such as sporting events and concerts.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow instead of using your hands.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Be sure to be thorough, scrubbing your palms, the back of your hands, between your fingers and around your thumbs.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Don’t touch your face, mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Avoid close contact with others. Current guidance from the CDC is to stay at least 6 feet apart.
- If you are sick, STAY HOME unless seeking medical treatment.
What is Coronavirus Disinfection?
Much like any infectious disease disinfection service, Coronavirus Disinfection is a process intended to address potential pathogen contamination. During Coronavirus Disinfection, a professional will apply an aerosolized disinfectant solution followed by thorough, detailed, disinfection of surfaces that are regularly touched. Some common areas of focus are door knobs, counter tops, desks, computers, bathrooms, and furniture in waiting areas, but each project is unique.
A qualified Infectious Disease Disinfection service will use products specially designed to disinfect surfaces, that have been proven effective for this purpose, and which are nonreactive with other cleaning products.
Who needs Coronavirus Disinfection?
Infectious Disease Disinfection is provided for two reasons, as a response to a known event such as someone getting sick, or as a preventative to address potential contamination. Most recently, we’ve been hired by many commercial businesses to provide preventative disinfection services in an effort to keep their staff and customers safe.
Some businesses that may need Coronavirus Disinfection are essential businesses that are attempting to remain open, condo and apartment complexes, nursing homes and medical care facilities, and commercial businesses and offices that are preparing to reopen.
How do you hire a Disinfection service?
Just like anything else, when hiring an Infectious Disease Disinfection service, you want to look for a company that’s been providing that service for a long time. You certainly don’t want to hire a company that’s learning at your property, particularly with a serious hazard such Coronavirus. Unfortunately, due to the recent need, there are a lot of cleaning companies and contractors that are jumping on this bandwagon so to speak.
Here are a few things to look for:
- Look for a company that does more than “Coronavirus Disinfection”. Disaster Blaster, for example, has been providing Infectious Disease Disinfection services for decades.
- Infectious Disease Disinfection should be a listed service on their website and marketing materials, not “just something they’re currently doing”.
- They should focus on indoor environmental issues and offer specialized services such as Asbestos Abatement and Radon Mitigation. While seemingly unrelated, these services require state licensing and training, which set Indoor Environmental firms apart from cleaning companies and contractors.
- Their crews should wear protective clothing and full-face respirators to keep them safe while they’re performing the work.
We hope this helps answer some common questions about Coronavirus Disinfection and helps you choose a qualified company should you have a need for these services. If we can help with your Infectious Disease Disinfection needs, please do not hesitate to contact our offices!
About Disaster Blaster
Disaster Blaster is an indoor environmental firm serving the Northeastern PA Area. We have been providing our local area with unparalleled infectious disease disinfection, water damage mitigation, basement waterproofing, mold remediation, asbestos abatement, and radon mitigation services for decades, and are proud to have been named The World’s Greatest Indoor Environmental Firm. For more about Disaster Blaster, as well as more helpful tips, please visit our website at: www.disasterblaster.com or call our office at (570) 963-1123.